29 October, 2005

All Your Zippers are Belong to YKK

I was browsing viewtru's archive when I chanced upon the zipper fish post. Immediately, I thought of YKK.

I've always associated YKK with zippers on fake or inferior goods. The true fact is, YKK zippers are everywhere. From bags, pants, and luggage to pencil cases and pillows. As one celebrity fashion designer (I don't remember who, nor am I too happy to admit that I know this stuff) puts it, "even Siti Nurhaliza's $8,000 dress uses YKK zippers".

Did you know that they are the proud owner of ykk.com? And that with 37,081 employees, and activities as diversified as architectural, machinery and R&D, their 2005 net sales is 581,973 million yen? I don't even know how much that figures out in RM, but I'm sure it's A LOT.

It sure changes my perspective on things.

And while you're at it, why not learn a few things about the anatomy of a zipper.

1 Comments:

At 9:02 am, November 08, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's humbling how small things we take for granted can be big stuff like this, ya.

And response to your comment in my blog, yeah, citibank called me up afterwards :)
Follow up posts http://apadia.blogspot.com/2005/03/sumpah-dah-bayar.html and http://apadia.blogspot.com/2005/03/okay-citibank.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home